JOB DESCRIPTION FOR HEAD OPERATIONS
Job Summary: The Head of Operations will ensure the existence of effective and efficient support services in the areas of Business Development and Marketing, Finance, Administration, Human Resources, IT, and Procurement. A key priority of this role will be to ensure the company is compliant with QUAD A Records processes in finance, procurement, HR, Marketing, and Administration. This function is also responsible for ensuring staff across the operation are fully trained and conversant in QUAD A Records policy and acting within it. The Head of Operations will develop and implement the company’s specific strategies as well as improve operational systems, processes, and policies in support of QUAD A Records' mission.
The Head of Operations will be a member of the Senior Management Team, with overall responsibility of support to the Production Teams and timely completion of annual performance indicators under support functions. The Head of Operations will play a significant part in qualifying and implementing initiatives coming from the organizational development and financial accountability initiatives. Furthermore, the Head of Operation will ensure timely and appropriate communication with Support Staff concerning all issues related to finance, administration, and human resources and work proactively to resolve problems and prioritize time-sensitive tasks. The Head of Operations will also act as a focal point for QUAD A Records' press
About the job
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
● Lead and manage the Support Managers/Staff and provide technical support to Managers (including people planning, performance, well-being, and development)
● Manage, deliver and report on current operations support including, for example, that budget review meetings are taking place, that the SMT are presenting regular financial reports, etc.
● Develop and improve operational approaches, compliance, and systems, and support the Managing Director to build and deliver effective and sustainable interventions.
● Responsible for the strategic development, management, and implementation of the support operations
● Ensure appropriate technical support is available to production, in line with the company priorities
● Ensure support for annual planning and review processes
● Ensure that the Company Master Budget is updated on a monthly basis and is used to adequately prepare project proposals or cost-cutting measures.
● Identify opportunities in target markets for QUADS A’s products and services
● Generate leads through cold calling prospective clients or networking
● Develop and nurture relationships with key customer accounts
● Keep up with the latest industry developments, including market positioning of corporate competitors
● Assess client needs and the company’s ability to meet those needs
● Follow up with new leads and referrals generated from the Marketing team
● Prepare status reports on Marketing goals
● Using customer relationship management (CRM) software to manage interactions
● Manage the Marketing budget and develop workplan
● Support the Managing director and the Senior Management Team in liaising with regulators as relates to issues of compliance, registration, and audit
● Oversee the operational support units for the company by providing strategic leadership and technical support to the areas under his/her supervision
● Supervision, audits, control, and implementation of corrective actions related to QUAD A’s operational standards within the support area.
● Develop a risk management plan for the company that identifies the major financial and operational risks and implements a mitigation strategy
● Ensure that all administrative and legal-related systems are accurate and maintained
● Work to build the capacity of the operational support staff throughout the operation through frequent in-service training sessions and mentoring support
● Contribute to the development and implementation of QUAD A’s Continental development initiatives.
To be successful in this role we expect you to demonstrate the following competencies.
Experience and technical competencies:
● Minimum 5 years of senior leadership experience in Business Development operations management roles
● Strong background in Business Development. Finance and financial management essential
● Proven leadership skills and competence in people management, team building and capacity development
● Proven significant financial, information, and systems management experience
● Significant experience in procurement and tender processes
● Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
● Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with a well-developed ability to motivate and persuade at high levels
● Proven ability to lead and work effectively with others to achieve results
● Full professional proficiency in English
● Experience with proposal development, budget development, and budget management
● Excellent computer literacy required
● Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members is required.
● Proven leadership skills and competence in people management.
● Proven operational management experience and capability, including in conflict areas.
● Proven operational experience in one or more of the following thematic areas: financial, Business Development, procurement, human resources, and information management.
Deadline18th August 2022